As a partner in the Lean Six Sigma Academy, Catalyst has played a major role in developing the British Quality Foundation’s (BQF) lean six sigma certification processes. BQF certification provides independent verification of competency in applying the Lean and Six Sigma methods across a range of expertise levels.
BQF Certification Details
Learn more about BQF Certification and the LSS academy by using the tabs below
There are a number of organisations offering Lean and Lean Six Sigma certification and we appreciate that this causes much confusion. Here’s why we chose to align with the BQF:
We didn’t want to align with an organisation which was simply a certification business as we couldn’t be sure of the basis of their authority in the field of Continuous Improvement. The BQF is the UK’s partner organisation for the EFQM Model. It is a not-for-profit professional membership organisation, the largest such body in the UK, whose members include many prestigious blue-chip, public sector and third sector organisations. Their mission is to help their members achieve excellence.
The BQF’s Lean Six Sigma Academy, comprising experts from leading businesses and consultancy organisations as well as BQF itself developed Lean Six Sigma standards (Bodies of Knowledge) from Yellow to Master Black Belt level taking into account the Voice of the Customer and business needs. These standards are applied through a rigorous process which includes exams and assessment of demonstration of practice by accredited assessors.
We believe this is the most rigorous, respected and practical Lean Six Sigma certification available – check out the number of names on the Register of Green/Black Belts on their website – it’s got to be the most popular too.
- An internationally recognised certification standard, highly regarded by employers.
- Inclusion on the BQF Certification Register as a BQF certified Practitioner.
- A consistent benchmark of competency and capability across all markets and industry sectors.
- Opportunities to develop and recruit new staff at a recognised and certified level of professional capability.
- A leading independent benchmark, recognised and trusted
- Enhance your competitive edge, helping to strengthen employment opportunities and keep up with Lean/LSS thinking and practice.
- Continuous Professional Development, not just a one-off qualification.
- ISO18404 was published in December 2015 and specifies a number of competencies and the minimum level at which these topics should be understood, applied and managed by Green and Black Belts. The content of Catalyst’s Green and Black Belt training programmes exceed (and historically has exceeded) what is specified by ISO18404. Catalyst Green and Black Belt training leads directly to British Quality Foundation certification and the standards which must be demonstrated through exam and practical application also exceed the requirements of ISO18404.
If you’re looking for Lean Six Sigma Yellow, Green or Black Belt status, or Lean Practitioner or Advanced Practitioner recognition, certification follows a simple three step process:
- Complete the relevant training programme
- Pass the exam
- Present evidence of applying what you’ve learnt
Certification to Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt or Lean Master Practitioner takes a different route, and one that is based on the experience of the applicant. Please contact us for more details.
Our team is on hand to help with any questions you might have.
Why BQF Certification with Catalyst?
An internationally recognised certification standard, highly regarded by employers.
Strengthen employment opportunities and keep up with Lean Six Sigma practice.
A leading independent benchmark, recognised and trusted.
We are the recommended provider of Lean Six Sigma, forming one-half of the BQF academy.
BQF Certification Register
Inclusion on the BQF Certification Register as a BQF Licenced Practitioner.
Access Expert Networks
Access to expert networks and best practice via other BQF seminars and training.
Consistent benchmark of competency & capability across all markets & sectors.
Inclusive With Selected Courses
BQF Certification is included with selected Catalyst Open Classroom Training Courses.
FAQ and Contact Us
Our expert team is waiting to help you with any questions about BQF certification
Call +44 (0)845 3452282
Email us : firstname.lastname@example.org
There are many organisations offering Lean Six Sigma and Lean Certification - why should I choose BQF?
We understand that this is a source of frustration for individuals and businesses. Some points for you to consider are:
- Is the certification based on exam only or does it include the assessment of how you put the skills into practice?
- If the certifying body is the same as the organisation providing your training your certification may be seen as less valid
- Who is the ultimate authority behind the certification?
- To what degree will this certification enhance my CV?
- Will current/future employers recognise or value this certification?
Does my GB/BB/MBB Certificate expire?
No. The principle is the same as, for example, a university degree certificate. This certifies that you achieved this qualification on the date shown on your certificate but does not indicate whether you have maintained and further developed your skills since that date.
Is online training accepted for acquisition of knowledge?
Yes, provided it meets the same criteria as classroom training and can be evidenced as described.
Is internal company delivered training accepted?
Yes, provided it is a formal course endorsed by your company’s training department and can be evidenced as described.
How will I receive my certificate?
An electronic certificate will be emailed to you along with instructions on how to take full advantage of your digital certificate. Electronic certificates can then be added to LinkedIn, shared via social media or downloaded as a PDF.