Root Cause Analysis
This is an intensive one-day training workshop programme to deepen your understanding around problem solving, specifically focussing on Root Cause Analysis.
Introduction to Root Cause Analysis
This is an intensive one-day training workshop programme to deepen your understanding around problem solving, specifically focussing on Root Cause Analysis. This workshop based session includes practical team based tools to facilitate effective execution in the organisation. Detailed delegate materials will be provided and reinforced by a number of interactive team based exercises to bring the concepts to life.This course is delivered through our open programme as an intense 1-day session or in-house as a 1-day or 1.5-day session. The additional half day permits additional and extended exercises, and also allows delegates to reflect overnight and question/challenge/discuss in the morning of the second day.
About the trainer
Helen Smith is a highly experienced Lean Six Sigma consultant and trainer. Process root cause analysis is one of her core skills which she is called upon to carry out for our clients on a frequent basis. She delivers this course regularly and provides follow-up coaching support for the delegates.
At A Glance
|Root Cause Analysis|
|Now Showing||Root Cause Analysis – All delivery options|
|Delivered By||Helen Smith|
Who is this course for?
This training is suitable for managers, process owners and anyone who has responsibility for process performance, and problem solving in order to achieve improvements. In addition to being able to undertake sufficient and effective analysis, this training will equip people with a complete framework that considers the context and situation the analysis is being applied to. In turn this supports successful execution and being able to maintain any actions that have taken place as a result.
By the end of this training, participants will:
- Understand the importance of problem-solving and how Root Cause Analysis can be used to identify and address the underlying issues in a process or system.
- Develop a clear and compelling problem statement and learn how to create a SIPOC diagram to provide a view of the situation.
- Utilize process mapping tools to visualize the steps of a process and identify areas for improvement, including Spaghetti Diagrams for physical activities and Communications Circle for virtual/interaction activities.
- Use quantitative root cause identification tools, such as Is/Is Not, Fishbone and 5-whys, and Inter-relationship diagram, to identify potential causes of a problem.
- Collect and present data to support the analysis, using tools such as Data Collection Planning, Pareto charts, and Histogram graphics.
- Identify and prioritize solutions using brainstorming techniques and four prioritization tools, including Failure Modes and Effects Analysis and Mistake Proofing.
- Understand how to use Visual Management to assist in the deployment, assessment, and management of solutions and other controls in the operating environment.
- Be equipped with a complete framework that considers the context and situation the analysis is being applied to, supporting successful execution and being able to maintain any actions that have taken place as a result.
- Be able to effectively analyse problems and develop solutions that achieve process improvements, leading to increased efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Enhance their problem-solving skills and apply the principles and tools of Root Cause Analysis to a variety of business scenarios, leading to better decision-making and problem resolution.
For more than 4 delegates attending the same programme this is the most cost effective option.
The programme can be delivered on-site or virtually.
The sessions will be bespoke, lively and interactive delivering a memorable learning experience for the delegates.
We will discuss your objectives prior to the delivery, and help you to plan the most effective delivery and support to your team of delegates.
This course is typically delivered over 1 day.
Consecutively or spread out over half-days sessions. Whatever is most convenient to you!
To reinforce and support those attending the training we will supply a wiro-bound copy of all the slides and exercises, along with any templates that are used during the session.
- Creating a compelling Problem Statement and developing a SIPOC diagram view of the
- Process mapping tools for visualising the steps of the process in which the incident took place:
including Spaghetti Diagrams (physical activities) and Communications circle
- Quantitative root cause identification tools: Is/Is Not, Fishbone and 5-whys, Inter-relationship
- Collecting and presenting data to support the analysis: Data collection planning and Pareto &
- Identifying and prioritising solutions: Brainstorming, four prioritisation tools, Failure Modes
and Effects Analysis, Mistake Proofing
- The use of Visual Management to assist in the deployment, assessment and management of
solutions and other controls in the operating environment.
Root Cause Analysis - Our Clients' View
Five Star Reviews
Our clients tell us we are
We’ve been using the industry standard NPS to measure customer satisfaction for over 5 years. Feedback is consistently excellent with delegates scoring an average of 9 (out of 10).