Value Stream Mapping
This is a comprehensive course covering VSM from the construction of the Current State Map through to the achievement of the Future State. A broad suite of associated Lean techniques are taught along with the practicalities of facilitating VSM workshops in your organisation.
Introduction to Value Stream Mapping
The objective of the 1-day Value Stream Mapping Programme is to enable delegates to understand what Value Stream Mapping (VSM) is, why it’s such an important enabler for organisational transformation, and how to apply it along with other aspects of Lean Thinking to identify and eliminate waste across the end-to-end process in order to improve flow and reduce cycle times. This VSM programme is delivered in a virtual workshop style event with a blend of teaching, discussion, interactive exercises and practice application of VSM methods on a relevant value stream. Each delegate will receive: A printed and pdf copy of the training materials A pack of templates
At A Glance
|Value Stream Mapping|
|Now Showing||Value Stream Mapping – All delivery options|
|Delivered By||Chris Merriman|
About the trainer
Chris Merriman has many years’ experience in both applying and teaching Value Stream Mapping and Lean Thinking in the workplace. Chris will not only teach you to how to use these tools but also the factors behind making them successful.
Who is this course for?
- You would like a general understanding of what VSM is and how it fits within CI and Lean Thinking as a strategic and transformational methodology.
- You would like to learn how and where to apply VSM to engage leadership in transformational change
- You would like to learn how to use VSM to gain a deep understanding about your current end-to-end work systems and the related barriers to delivering value
- You would like to learn how to design a future state that enables excellent performance on all fronts
- You would like to learn how to run a VSM-type activity including planning the implementation of the improvements and managing the change to enable the future state to become reality
Outcomes for Your Personal Development
Following the training you will have the knowledge and skill in the theory of VSM to evaluate VSM projects previously run in company, learn from past experience, write Project Charters for specific VSM projects , set objectives, and support (and eventually lead) VSM projects.
For more than 4 delegates attending the same programme this is the most cost effective option.
The programme can be delivered on-site or virtually.
The sessions will be bespoke, lively and interactive delivering a memorable learning experience for the delegates.
We will discuss your objectives prior to the delivery, and help you to plan the most effective delivery and support to your team of delegates.
This course is typically delivered over 1-2 days.
Consecutively or spread out over half-days sessions. Whatever is most convenient to you!
This VSM programme is delivered in a virtual workshop style event with a blend of teaching, discussion, interactive exercises and practice application of VSM methods on a relevant value stream.
Each delegate will receive:
- A printed and pdf copy of the training materials
- A pack of templates
- Lean Principles
- What is Value Stream Mapping?
- Identifying product/service families
- Getting prepared
- The VSM Project Charter
- Customer Demand Analysis
- Material Flow
- Information Flow
- Process Data and the Timeline
- Facilitation Tips
- VA/NVA analysis
- Applying Lean Concepts
- Opportunity identification and prioritisation
- Approach Guidelines
- Assessing the improvement impacts
- Purpose of the VSM Plan
- Prioritising and sequencing activities
- VSM plan structure
- Improvement tactics, e.g. Kaizen, DMAIC, Digitisation
- Change Management
- Recap, conclusions and key learning points
- Final Q&A
- Next steps
Value Stream Mapping - Our Clients' View
Five Star Reviews
Our clients tell us we are
We’ve been using the industry standard NPS to measure customer satisfaction for over 5 years. Feedback is consistently excellent with delegates scoring an average of 9 (out of 10).