Lean Six Sigma Awareness / White Belt Programme
This popular one-day programme will provide an understanding of the principles behind Lean Six Sigma. An overview of how Lean Six Sigma is typically undertaken in organisations and an introduction to some of the tools presented within the DMAIC improvement approach. This course can be studied self-paced, online or we can deliver it to larger groups of people in virtual classrooms or on-site. For groups, we can make it bespoke – using relevant project examples/exercises – highly participative, and entertaining.
Lean Six Sigma White Belt training provides an overview of Lean Six Sigma and is used to inform and engage a broad population within an organisation as an essential component of the Lean Six Sigma deployment.
The Online White Belt training programme introduces the key principles of Lean Six Sigma and demonstrates how it is applied in practice via the DMAIC problem solving approach and tools.
- An understanding of the principles and approach of Lean Six Sigma
- An overview of how Lean Six Sigma is typically undertaken in organisations, including a look at roles, responsibilities, and project selection
- An introduction to some of the tools, presented within the DMAIC improvement approach emphasising the seven wastes and value add/non-value add process steps
Linked to the #1 Bestselling book Lean Six Sigma for Dummies, written by Catalyst’s Jo Dowdall and Martin Brenig-Jones
At A Glance
|Now Showing||White Belt Self Study Course|
|Price||£40 + VAT|
|Delivery Modes||Self Study & In-company|
|Delivered By||Martin Brenig-Jones, Jo Dowdall, Chris Merriman|
Who is this course for?
- The general employee population in an organisation which is deploying Lean Six Sigma – it will provide an understanding and encourage their engagement in supporting projects and the introduction of process improvements
- Those likely to be Subject Matter Expert members of Yellow and Green Belt project teams – it will explain the DMAIC approach and some tools that they will be using
- Managers who need a basic overview of what others are engaged in in the business
- If you have heard of Lean Six Sigma and want to get a little more information quickly
This course is suitable for employees at all levels of organisation of any kind – manufacturing and service. It can be tailored to Executive Groups, shop floor staff and mixed groups. If you’re not sure which course is best suited for you, give us a call today on +44 (0)845 345 2282 or drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll call you back.
White Belt training does not equip delegates to lead their own projects. However, it is suitable for team members of Green and Black Belt projects and to engage employees when an organisation is building a Continuous Improvement culture. No pre-requisites are required for our online Lean Six Sigma White Belt course. It provides a clear introduction for anyone new to Lean Six Sigma. On competition you are ready to progress to yellow, green or black belt training. Feel free to contact us first as we may be able to provide a discount depending on the course in question.
Participants will learn the following on Lean Six Sigma White Belt Training:
- Gain a basic understanding of the principles and fundamentals of Lean Six Sigma
- Understand some of the language and ‘jargon’ associated with Lean Six Sigma as it is demystified and brought to life
- Learn about the roles and responsibilities involved in a Lean Six Sigma programme
- Gain an awareness of the rest of the Lean Six Sigma toolkit
Once you have completed the training you will receive a certificate of completion.
The online white belt training programme is hosted on our state-of-the-art Learning Management System, “The Business Improvement Zone” (BIZ). Each delegate receives a unique logon.
The programme consists of a series of short video information modules with some exercises and case studies built in and a knowledge check at the end. The programme is sequenced, which means that each module must be completed before the next module is made available. Including the exercises and quiz, the duration of the programme is around 2 hours.
If you are managing a cohort group, we can provide feedback reports on delegates’ progress/completion status.
A printable set of materials can be downloaded.
Although White Belt training level certification is not available through the British Quality Foundation, the programme is accredited by the BQF Lean Six Sigma Academy and is aligned to Yellow and Green Belt Programmes. Catalyst certificates of completion are issued.
We can build bespoke programmes, focussing in on key ‘Everyday Excellence’ tools; programmes to create Awareness of the Continuous Improvement methodology adopted by your organisations, or programmes for global collaboration. For more than 4 delegates attending the same programme this is the most cost effective option.
The programme can be delivered on-site or virtually.
The sessions will be bespoke, lively and interactive delivering a memorable learning experience for the delegates.
We will discuss your objectives prior to the delivery, and help you to plan the most effective delivery and support to your team of delegates.
This course is typically delivered over 1 day, consecutively or spread out over half-days sessions. Whatever is most convenient to you!
There are opportunities for programme champions/sponsors from your organisation to kick off sessions and share key messages about the programme face to face, (or on video), and explain next steps.
- The need for different thinking.
- Key principles and a systematic approach.
- Process thinking.
- The importance of Change Management.
- How Lean Six Sigma is typically undertaken.
- Project selection.
- An introduction to:
- Process definition (SIPOCs).
- The voice of the customer.
- Identifying and defining improvement opportunities.
- Tackling waste (the seven wastes and more).
- The importance of fact-based decision making.
- Root cause analysis techniques.
- Solution generation.
- Sustaining improvements.
- Managing change.
- Introducing and deploying Lean Six Sigma.
Lean Six Sigma White Belt - Our Clients' View
Five Star Reviews
Claire WebberCR Bard
Our clients tell us we are
We’ve been using the industry standard NPS to measure customer satisfaction for over 5 years. Feedback is consistently excellent with delegates scoring an average of 9 (out of 10).
Free 1hr Webinar
Catalyst’s CEO, Martin Brenig-Jones, co-author of Lean Six Sigma for Dummies introduces Lean Six Sigma
Discover Our Lean Six Sigma White Belt Programme for Yourself
Book for our Online Self-paced Course
Study at a time and pace to suit you
£40 plus VAT
Our accredited White Belt Course consists of a specially selected set of bite-sized videos and exercises providing an in depth overview of the principles and tools of Lean Six Sigma